Blogger of the Week: Holly from Champagne and Wellington Boots
We spoke to the gorgeous Holly from Champagne and Wellington Boots. We adore her eclectic style and how she shows being a Mum does not equate to dressing mumsy. Check. Her. Out.
1. Tell us about Champagne & Wellington Boots. How did it all start?
Nearly a year ago (my baby is one next month!) I wanted to carry on writing (I was writing freelance for interior magazines before) but have a little more input….and more importantly write about something I love!
2. Do you take fashion inspiration from any celebrities, if so, who?
Of course! I get inspired by many celebs – who doesnt?! I think for day-to-day style Kate Bosworth, Alexa (no surprise I know) & I love Solange Knowles’ style at the mo.
3. Name 3 wardrobe essentials which you cannot live without?
Leather biker jacket, skinny jeans & my Superga’s (I’m racking up a good sized collection now).
4. What has been your favourite trend this spring/summer 12?
I’ve overdosed on studs/ombre thrown on everything… but I’m still loving the ‘androgynous sports luxe’ look. Got to give snaps to Isabel Marant & Alexander Wang for that!
5. Autumn/Winter 12 fashion is creeping into stores across the high street.
Which new trends are you most excited about? Lots of leather & colourful knits…..at the moment my fave AW piece is the signature ‘fox’ knit jumper by Aubin&Wills.
6. Favourite high street store and why?
Ugghhhhh it’s a close tie between Topshop & Zara…but I’m going to have to go with Zara.
7. Favourite designer and why?
After seeing the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection just shown at NYFW I’m going to have to say Phillip Lim – taking a trip back to the 90′s!
8. Any advice for aspiring bloggers on how to start a fashion or beauty blog?
Patience. I’ve nearly been doing it a year & still am finding my feet with it. For fashion/beauty bloggers we are small fishes in a huge pond – but keep at it, Rumi Neely must have started small at some point!! Also another point, always keep in mind that you are working for yourself, so you should remain professional – I think “speaking your mind” too much (on Twitter especially) is not always a good idea.
9. Who are your favourite fashion blogs to read?
India Rose & The Fashion Guitar are my two ultimates.
10. Lastly, if you had to ban one fashion item off the planet what would it be?
Full length leather coats – you are not in the Matrix.