Last month we were invited to preview the gorgeous Lydia Bright’s SS13 collection at an intimate gathering especially for press and bloggers.
Lydia of course looked absolutely stunning and she talked us through the inspirations behind each design. She knew exactly what she was talking about, which is very rare when it comes to celeb fashion ranges and it’s a beaut of a collection.
Think pretty florals, bold colours and feminine shapes to flatter the figure – perfect for special occasions such as a summer wedding or the races.
We managed to have a chat with Lydia after her fabulous presentation and she was an absolute dream to interview. Friendly, even more pretty in the flesh and super stylish. Here she reveals her plans for life after TOWIE, her fashion icons and how she achieves that immaculate complexion. .
Brights & Florals at the Lydia Rose Bright SS13 Preview
1. We LOVED your debut collection and your SS13 range is even better. What inspired you this season? I would probably say my inspiration was the same from my previous collection, I kind of took inspiration from my favourite designers, vintage pieces and style icons, but this collection I loved doing a lot more than my previous one, as I was allowed to inject more colour and prints.
For me I hardly ever wear black, so spring/summer fashion is my favourite season. So that’s what I kinda did differently, just put more colour in and I was allowed to run free. None of my dresses are really short so they’re a suitable length for race season and occasions.
2. What SS13 trends are you most excited about? I always look forward to pastels, I love the powder pinks and blues and pistachio tones. I don’t usually go for bright neons, as I don’t think it suits me as much, so I am definitely really looking forward to that trend. I obviously love prints – floral and graphic which are really big, as well as creams and whites.
3. Any celebs which you would love to be pictured in your collection? So my dream ones would be Olivia Palermo, Blake Lively and Sarah Jessica Parker – my ultimate style icons, but I know that wouldn’t happen. I might have to send them some. (We personally think they would look great in them).
Lydia’s SS13 inspiration board
4. If you had to pick one item as your fave, which would it be? It would be the one that I’m wearing at the moment (she’s wearing the Kate dress and it looks a beaut on her), I absolutely love this. I love the royal blue colour which is so beautiful. I love the pleats which are so elegant and feminine. I also love the off shoulder and the way it hangs. It’s definitely my favourite.
5. Any of the TOWIE lot been papped wearing your collection? They haven’t yet actually, to be fair to the TOWIE girls, my dresses aren’t their kinda style. We’ve all got very different styles, so none of them have actually worn any of my pieces, but I’m sure some of them will probably like these new pieces.
Lucy would look amazing in this dress (Lydia picks out the Victoria dress in burnt orange) as she has a gorgeous figure and she’s really tanned, so the orange would be amazing against her skin tone. I need to ask them, to be fair when I released my last collection I didn’t even ask them when I should of, so maybe this time I’ll say do you want a dress! I’m sure they would probably want a few. I just forget to ask as I’ve got too much going on.
6. We’ve always admired how you’ve shied away from the Essex stereotype (we’re quick to point out there’s nothing wrong with it as they always look so glam) with your chic bob and not wearing loads of tan. What are your beauty essentials? I just really believe in good skincare. I think the reason people probably think I’m slightly different from the Essex stereotype is because I’m obviously a lot paler than them. Actually at the moment I’m quite dark for me (Lyds is sporting a lovely tan), but I don’t really go near sunbeds as I just try and steer away from that to maintain healthy skin.
I would probably say my five main products would be St Ives Facial Exfoliating Scrub, which is amazing for removing dead skin cells and Rodial Face Cream which is fantastic.
My make-up must haves are Mac Studio Thick Foundation, which makes skin really matte and flawless (this is why I look porcelain on TV), Mac Mineralise Skin Finish Powder which blots the skin and removes shiny patches, Mac Concealer which comes in a little pot and is great for pimples. (Lydia points out she has pimples underneath her make-up. We only see flawless skin).
Lydia Rose Bright Evening Collection
7. We’re going to miss you on TOWIE. Have you got any TV ventures coming up?I’ve definitely got some things in the pipeline and I’ve been having some exciting meetings at the moment. I didn’t leave TOWIE because I didn’t want to do television anymore, I would love to carry on doing TV work! Maybe something concentrating on the fashion or business side of things, as obviously I own my own business (Bella Sorella – check it out). Something like presenting, which would feel more me. That’s definitely what I’m aiming for, for the future.
8. You’re really happy in your relationship (her and Tom Kilbey are the cutest) and your career. What your goals for 2013?
I’m really happy. My dreams for 2013 are to carry on building my brand, being successful with that, to land a really good TV opportunity doing a show that I love and to carry on travelling. Last year I got to do a bike ride round India raising money for charity and I would love to do something like that again. So I would say keep going with my business, my fashion line, more TV work and then doing something really amazing for charity, but where I get to travel as well.
Lydia it’s been an absolute pleasure!
Check out some of our favourite dresses from the Lydia Rose Bright Collection:
From left to right: Blossom, Elizabeth and Florence
From left to right: Kate, Blake and Pearl
The Lydia Rose Bright Spring Summer’13 collection launches 19th February at Lipstickboutique.co.uk. All campaign photos taken by Parisa Walklett.